In this world, there are those fortunate enough to enjoy safety, luxury, and comfort inside their gorgeous, utopian city with a commanding view of the ravaged surface far below their haven. The rest don’t matter. When our heroine leaves the protection of the Heights to perform her police duties on The Depths below, she’s greeted with a violent, destitute world of hardworking, damaged individuals. Can she reconcile the world she knows with this world as it is? Will she connect with any of those living below, or join in the contempt for them? Can she endure the truths to be uncovered under her watch?
- Cyrus, the Steam Prison heroine, can be renamed by the player.
- The voice acting has versions of spoken lines allowing for either option (default name or custom).
- Three branching paths with multiple endings.
- Steam Prison utilizes a point system, which determines the route and endings you’ll trigger. However, it’s all conversation-based, not action-choice based.
- Vocal cast features seiyuu from OZMAFIA, Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome, Bokuten: Why I Became an Angel, Hadaka Shitsuji, Touken Ranbu, and One Punch Man.
- One of the three branching paths, known as the “Punishment Route,” forces Cyrus to face an enormous amount of loss and misery, similar to Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games.
- Characters who show up briefly in one part of the story become pivotal in others, and even brief appearances can add more depth to their character.
- While Steam Prison does not contain in-story sex scenes, there are frank discussions about topics such as sex, love, sexual and domestic violence, murder, torture, and drug dependence.
- Developer: HuneX
- Operating System: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Language: English
- Voice: Fully voiced (except female MC)
- Content: 17+
- Resolution: 1280 x 720