How to Apply
To apply for a position with MangaGamer, you may either use the Contact Us form on this site, or e-mail us directly at email@example.com
Please note the position that you would like to apply for in your e-mail or cover letter, and please be prepared to submit a resume and any relevant portfolio examples.
Also, please be aware that all potential hires are required to sign an NDA because our test materials utilize actual game scripts and localized content in order to provide a more accurate assessment of relevant skills.
Currently, we at MangaGamer are hiring for the following paid positions:
- Loading and unloading merchandise and booth equipment
- Erection and break-down of booth equipment and booth displays
- Pitching products and merchandise to con-goers and securing sales of said products
- Processing credit card payments and handling money for cash sales
- Communicating with con-goers to ensure a pleasant experience at our booth
- Must be 18 or older
- Must be able to lift and carry more than 30lbs
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods (up to 8hrs)
- Demonstrate a familiarity with MangaGamer’s digital and physical catalog of products and be able to describe them to others
- Good communication skills
When applying for the convention staff position, please note in your e-mail or cover letter what conventions you are interested in staffing (not limited to conventions MangaGamer currently attends), and the general location you reside in.
While there are no other openings currently available, we are always on the lookout for talented individuals that could help us in future endeavors. Please feel free to apply if you possess one or more of the following qualities:
- Experience translating Japanese to English
- Skill with image editing and proficiency with relevant software
- Enjoys reverse engineering game code and solving technical challenges
- Happy to comb through hours of text hunting down bugs, typos, and other errors or missing assets
- Thorough knowledge of Visual Novels, the VN community, and a passion for sharing them
We keep all applications submitted to us on file for one (1) year and will reach out to applicants on file first in the event that any new positions do become available.