Funbag Fantasy, our first title from our new partners, Waffle, is now available for pre-order! Order before the game comes out on September 9th to snag it for 10% off!
Lute Hende is a simple man who likes simple things like bread and boobs. He was never ambitious enough to seek wealth or aspire for fame and glory, but that never stopped him from spotting D-cups from the other side of town.The most notable thing he ever achieved in life was to get into the Kingdom of Edelland’s prestigious Royal Knight Academy. Unfortunately, he spent most of his time ogling his classmate Isis’s chest before finally graduating the last of his class.
Lute is the kind of person most people would call a loser or a good-for-nothing. Though he isn’t the type to let such insults bother him, he was now a knight and that meant girls, girls, girls! Or at least that’s what it would have meant if he didn’t get sent to the backwater province of Boan. Little does he know, his relegation to the middle of nowhere would put him in the middle of a conspiracy to overthrow the crown, and between the busty mounds of a man-eating succubus bent on sucking the life out of him.
This lewd, tongue-in-cheek fantasy adventure will be available on September 9th, but you can pre-order now for 10% off! Don’t let these funbags escape your grasp!
Ordered! With this title and Kuroinu, finally some titles that I was hoping for are arriving :-). So far, most titles have been either too vanilla or extreme for my tastes. Here’s to more titles of these companies in the future! I hope they’ll perform well.
Who else has watch the hentai?
The hentai was the reason I became interested in kyonyuu fantasy. It wasnt great by any means but shamsiel was cute and the other ladies were lovely themselves. Then looked up the cgs and fell in love the artwork. Am surprised it’s actually getting an English release.
Still Funbag for the title is seriously not clicking with me. Wish MG would change it but they seem to be enjoying the choice of their name. If it gets a hardcopy, which I would love to see,… i wont be buying it with “funbag” on the front cover insert.
Just reminds me of how a group of dudes came up with names like “do you know the milfing man” and thought it’d sell decently….
Preordered because I love this series and want to see it all come out in english. To anyone not sure about this game here’s my review of it, though I will warn you I kind of spoil a plot point from the true route so again be warned:
Love Waffle. Especially that they cover loli games as well. Would pre-order the hell out of those.
Funbags though. Not pre-ordering. Not buying it until a sale either.
Kyonyu Fantasy I would pre-order. Names are important and I don’t want Tasty Shaft naming schemes returning. Give me proper titles or no purchase.
Woohoo! Preordered! I love Waffle, and this one is pretty much my favorite series of theirs.
I really don’t understand the other’s complaining about the name though… they went with a pretty straightforward translation of the title, meaning and all. It’s like complaining about Boob Wars’s title… I mean, it’s a simple case of the title giving you a good idea of what you’re getting into?
Let me explain the problem.
1) Funbags is a word used by a minority. Fun bags is twice as common, but still not that common. This means most people will think MangaGamer misspelled the title and screwed up.
2) Since people are unaware of the word Funbags, it won’t attract anyone or explain the game. Instead the cover will work in the reverse order and inform people who bothered to look that Funbags is talking about boobs.
3) Funbags is rare, so it hasn’t an established connection. For me it was first seen connected to assholes raping women, so it is a word a rapist would use to me. Hence it gives the game a bad connection as an abuse, rape and torture game, unless I read up on the game. Others will have other connections to the word, so it is hard to say if it is positive or bad to use.
4) MangaGamer has a history of butchering titles for eroge. This means old fans are easily upset over hints of terrible titles. Funbags is such a rare word that it triggers these trauma and upset people.
5) People expressed concern and dislike, and were ignored. That in itself made the title even less acceptable.
If you look at the big picture it is mainly about if MangaGamer would adjust games from feedback, and the fact that they choose to lose sales rather than listen. What are customers supposed to do when told “I don’t care if you don’t buy it”. The result is that they won’t buy it to show that MangaGamer should care.
Hoooooly cow someone needs to chiiiiiillll and find something more important to complain about. And I know my sister used the term funbags herself plenty of times, so I have no idea where you’re getting this tirade from…
Well, i guess it’s good that we used the singular instead of the plural.
Great choice. 2if and 3 are also great. Buying this in the hope of future Shaharl and Nadine uncensored goodness.
Funbags. Very much so.
hopefully this does well enough so that they’ll translate the sequel